PE & SPORTS GRANT
What is the PE and Sport Grant?
The Education Funding Agency provide additional funding to each school, to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
“It is for schools to decide how the grant, allocated to schools…. is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made” (Source –gov.uk website)
Alkborough Primary School PE & Sports Grant
Funding for schools is calculated by reference to the number of primary-aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11).
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Alkborough Primary School has included the development of PE in its School Development Plan 2017-2018 and has utilised the funding in the following ways:
- Participation in the Baysgarth Sports Partnership (co-ordination of subject leader training / events)
- Specialist coaches to work alongside teachers (for training/Continual Professional Development purposes)
- Provision of specialist coaches for after school sports clubs
- Co-ordination of sports events across schools
- Increased sporting / competitive opportunities for ALL pupils
- Sporting enrichment opportunities
- Transport costs
- Resources/ equipment
Our current grant for 2018/19 is: £9,678
See below our action plans: